|Attribute may require. Please help if you can.|
Roles may have attributes, altering the way how they are affected by other roles' abilities. Attributes are integral to gameplay. You can find a role's Attributes by looking at their card and reading the "Attributes" section.
- 1 Immunity
- 1.1 Night Immunity
- 1.2 Basic Defense
- 1.3 Powerful Defense
- 1.4 Invincible Defense
- 1.5 Detailed death chart
- 1.6 Detection Immunity
- 1.7 Role block Immunity
- 1.8 Control Immunity
- 1.9 Astral Visits
- 2 Priority
- 3 Special Attributes
Immunity refers to one of four types of special attributes held by many roles in the game. They will prevent certain abilities of having an effect. Each of these immunities is entirely beneficial to the character. The four kinds of immunities are Role-block Immunity, Control Immunity, Night Immunity (Defense) and Detection Immunity.
Night Immunity allows the player to gain Defense during the Night phase. All roles with Night Immunity have at least Basic Defense. Roles that have Night immunity are as follows: Godfather, Serial Killer, Arsonist, Werewolf, Executioner (unless target dies at Night), Veteran (only on alert), Vampire Hunter (only against Vampires), Survivor (only with a bulletproof vest on), Witch (until attacked once), Juggernaut, Plaguebearer/Pestilence, Doctor (with self heal), Bodyguard (only with bulletproof vest), and Coven Leader (only with Necronomicon).
|No Attack||Basic Attack||Powerful Attack||Unstoppable Attack||Lynching|
|Guardian Angel Protection|
Basic Defense is a form of immunity which protects a character from being killed at Night from a Basic Attack. Roles with Basic Defense must be lynched during the Day or killed at Night by roles who have Powerful or higher Attack strength.
If you Attack somebody with Basic Defense, you will get the message "Your target's defense was too strong to kill.". As of Version 3.2.4, the Defense message is still shown if the target was healed.
Roles With Basic Defense
- Godfather, Serial Killer, Arsonist, Werewolf, Plaguebearer, Juggernaut - permanent.
- Executioner - permanent, if they do not turn into a Jester.
- Survivor - gained for one Night by using a bulletproof vest.
- Bodyguard - gained for one Night by using a bulletproof vest.
- Veteran - gained for one Night by going on alert.
- Vampire Hunter - gained when visited by a Vampire (will only protect from Vampires).
- Coven Leader - gained when having the Necronomicon.
- Witch - Basic Defense until they are dealt one Basic Attack, such as being attacked by a Mafioso.
If any of these roles is attacked with a Basic Attack, they will receive a message, "Someone attacked you but your Defense was too strong!" Some roles receive a message unique from the standard defense message.
Roles Who Ignore Basic Defense (i. e. Powerful or Unstoppable Attack)
- Bodyguard - when killing your target's attacker.
- Trapper - when killing an attacker with a Trap.
- Jailor - when executing a prisoner.
- Veteran - when visited while on alert.
- Hex Master - when using the final hex.
- Medusa - when using a stone gaze on visitors or visiting someone if Medusa has the Necronomicon.
- Poisoner - when a target is poisoned with no Defense, and they gain Defense the Night after and are not healed (such as a Survivor using a bulletproof vest)
- Arsonist - when igniting doused targets.
- Juggernaut - when attacking (rampaging after 2nd kill).
- Werewolf - when rampaging during a Full Moon Night.
- Pestilence - when rampaging.
- Pirate - when successfully plundering.
- Jester - when haunting a guilty or abstaining voter. If a target is not chosen, a guilty or abstaining voter will still die.
Powerful Defense is an immunity which protects a player from being killed at Night from a Powerful or Basic Attack. Roles who are given Powerful Defense are unable to be killed at Night unless said person is dealt an Unstoppable Attack.
Roles With Powerful Defense
There are no roles who have permanent Powerful Defense. However, all protective roles have the ability to give others Powerful Defense at Night:
- Doctor - Others: when healing their target; Self: when healing themselves.
- Bodyguard - Others: when guarding their target (only gives Powerful Defense against one direct attacker).
- Crusader - Others: when protecting their target.
- Jailor - Others: when jailing their target.
- Trapper - Others: when a Trap is set (only gives Powerful Defense against one direct attacker).
- Guardian Angel - Others: when protecting (healing and purging) their target.
- Potion Master - Others: when using healing potion.
Roles Who Ignore Powerful Defense (i.e. Unstoppable Attack)
- Jailor - when executing a prisoner.
- Hex Master - when using the final hex.
- Poisoner - when a target is poisoned with no Defense, and they gain Defense the Night after and are not healed (such as being jailed)
- Arsonist - when igniting doused targets.
- Juggernaut - when rampaging and attacking (after 3rd kill).
- Jester - when haunting a guilty or abstaining voter.
The Invincible Defense cannot be killed at Night by any means. A Basic, Powerful, or Unstoppable Attack will not bypass this Defense. The only way to bypass this Defense is by lynching said target during the Day.
- Currently, only one role, Pestilence, has Invincible Defense.
Detailed death chart
|This section is a work in progress.|
Columns are for Attack, while rows are for Defense.
- means the role will live after being inflicted with that Attack.
- means the role will die after being inflicted with that Attack.
- means the role cannot be attacked that way unless they are controlled.
- means the role cannot be attacked that way.
|Attack vs Defense||Bodyguard||Trapper||Jailor||Veteran||Hex Master (final Hex)||Hex Master (Necronomicon)||Medusa (without Necronomicon)||Medusa (with Necronomicon)||Poisoner||Arsonist||Juggernaut (0-2 kills)||Juggernaut (3 kills)||Werewolf||Pestilence||Pirate||Jester||Ambusher||Coven Leader||Crusader||Godfather||Mafioso||Necromancer (using Basic Attack)||Necromancer (using Powerful Attack)||Necromancer (using Unstoppable Attack)||Potion Master||Serial Killer||Vampire||Vampire Hunter||Vigilante||Retributionist (using Basic Attack)||Retributionist (using Powerful Attack)||Die guarding someone||Die from guilt||Broken heart||Lynching||Suicide|
(using their vest)
(using their self heal)
(using their vest)
Roles With Detection Immunity
- Godfather (also applies if they were previously a Mafioso)
- Any Mafia member Disguised as a role with Detection Immunity
- Any member of the Coven wielding the Necronomicon
- Werewolf (on any non-Full Moon Night)
- All Neutral Evil roles: Witch, Executioner, Jester
- All Neutral Chaos roles: Vampire, Pirate, Plaguebearer/Pestilence
- All Neutral Benign roles: Survivors, Amnesiacs, Guardian Angels
Roles that ignore Detection Immunity
- Lookout - when watching over someone (Does not ignore Disguises).
- Tracker - when tracking someone.
- Trapper - when their Trap is triggered.
Role block Immunity
Roles with Role block immunity are unaffected by role blocking. If an Escort, Consort, or Pirate role blocks any role block immune role, the role block will fail, and the role will still perform their action.
When in jail, you are effectively role blocked, even if you are role block immune. If a Consort or Escort tries to role block you while you are jailed, you will receive the message: Someone tried to role block you but you were in jail.
Roles with Role block Immunity
- Serial Killer (Escorts and Consorts only)
- Coven Leader/Witch
- The Veteran will shoot the role blocker should they be on alert, and Pestilence will Attack them automatically.
- The Serial Killer can choose to be cautious, not attacking any roleblockers and killing only their intended target. If cautious is not selected when roleblocked, role blockers will die making their wills bloodied and unable to be read, and the intended target will die as well if said role blocker is not a Pirate.
If any of these roles are role blocked, they will receive the message: "Someone tried to role block you but you are immune!"
Roles partially unaffected by role blocks
- The Jailor will still jail their target but will be unable to execute said target.
- A Vampire Hunter will still stake a Vampire who visits them.
- A Werewolf will be forced to stay at home and instead kill their role blocker, receiving a message: "Someone role blocked you, so you stayed at home tonight."
- The Hex Master will still perform their final hex provided all alive non-Coven players are hexed (so, either a Necromancer using a dead Hex Master after an Amnesiac has remembered Hex Master, or the last un-hexed player being lynched the previous Day).
Control Immunity is a kind of immunity which lets a character be unaffected by a Witch/Coven Leader's attempt to control them. However, they may still be the secondary target. If a Witch or Coven Leader attempts to (or is forced to by a Transporter), their ability will fail and their target will be notified.
Roles With Control Immunity
- Mafioso (with a Godfather)
- Potion Master
- Any role without a Night ability is unaffected by a Witch/Coven Leader's control, however some roles may be forced visit their target, such as a Werewolf on any non-Full Moon Night.
- The Transporter is control immune and can not be forced to transport someone else.
- The Veteran cannot be forced to alert or prevented from doing so.
- A Mafioso commanded by the Godfather is control immune and cannot be forced to Attack the Witch/Coven Leader's target.
- Any role who is control immune as long as they are jailed. The Witch/Coven Leader will receive the message, "Your target was jailed so you could not control them!" They will also not learn the role of their target in this case.
If some of these roles are controlled, they will receive the message: "A Witch tried to control you but you are immune."
- This message applies even when a Coven Leader is the controlling player.
- The controlling player will still learn the role of their target.
- The Night abilities of certain roles (i.e. Mediums and Jesters) are unaffected by a Witch's control despite not technically being control immune. They will not be forced to visit a second target since they do not rely on visiting mechanics.
- If an Amnesiac is controlled onto themselves, the game will announce that an Amnesiac has remembered being an Amnesiac, and the Amnesiac will gain the achievement for doing so if not already earned.
- The Jailor will still jail their prisoner, but an execution will be prevented. If the Jailor is controlled onto the target they jailed, they will execute the target, unless it is the first Night.
- Pestilence will Attack a Coven Leader trying to control them.
An Astral visit is a form of visit where you do not leave your house. This visit will not be seen by Lookouts, Trackers or Spies that are on your target, and will not trigger any mechanic that relies on you visiting a player.
Roles that have an astral visit include:
- Bodyguard (when indirectly countering an attacker)
- Crusader (when indirectly attacking a visitor to its target)
- Trapper (when their trap indirectly counters an attacker)
- Veteran (indirectly kills visitors while alerting)
- Arsonist (when igniting)
- Amnesiac (when remembering themselves as the role of a dead target)
- Guardian Angel (when protecting their target)
- Juggernaut (when indirectly attacking visitors to its target - gained after 2nd kill)
- Pestilence (when indirectly attacking visitors to its target and themselves)
- Werewolf (when indirectly attacking visitors to its target)
- Medusa (when indirectly killing roles that visit while gazing)
- Necromancer when using their ghoul to kill others (with the Necronomicon)
Priority determines which roles do their actions first in what order. Each role with a Night ability has a priority labeled 1 through 6, with 1 being the highest priority and 6 being the lowest. For example, if a Mafioso, which has a priority of 5, attacks a Veteran on alert, which has a priority of 1, the Veteran will kill the Mafioso and gain defense before the Mafioso can kill the Veteran because it has a higher priority. Other roles have priorities yet to be determined because of how long it takes for their ability to take effect. Only one role, the Executioner, has no ability, therefore, they have no priority.
Note that abilities which take place during the Day or are selected in the Day will have higher priority than priority 1. Day abilities include a Jailor choosing who to jail next, a Mayor revealing to the Town, a Pirate choosing who to plunder next and a dead Medium choosing who to seance the following night.
Potion Master (attacking)
Medusa (visiting players to stone them)
Plaguebearer (becoming Pestilence)
Hex Master (final Attack)
There are few attributes which aren't immunities. Below is a list of current special attributes.
|Role Name||Special Attributes|
|Spy||Can see who the Mafia and Coven visit at Night.|
|Vigilante||Commits suicide the following Night if they kill a Town member.|
|Medium||Can speak with the dead at Night when alive, can speak with a player alive for one Night once when dead.|
|Vampire Hunter||Can read Vampire Chat at Night.|
Will Attack visiting Vampires.
Will become Vigilante with 1 bullet if all Vampires are dead.
|Blackmailer||Can read all whispers during the Day.|
|Ambusher||Will reveal their name to all visitors of their target.|
|Mafioso||Will become Godfather if the Godfather dies.|
|Any member of the Mafia except Mafioso and Godfather||Will become Mafioso if the last Mafia Killing role dies.|
|All members of the Mafia||Can read Mafia chat at Night.|
|Executioner||Will become a Jester if their target dies at Night.|
|Guardian Angel||Will become a Survivor with no bulletproof if their target dies.|
|Serial Killer||Will Attack role blockers, and will Attack Jailor when jailed if they aren't executed, assuming you chose not to be cautious that night.|
|Werewolf (during Full Moon Nights)|
|Arsonist (when igniting)||Will also ignite doused targets of other Arsonists.|
|Vampire||Can read Vampire chat at Night.|
|Pestilence||Will Attack visitors, and will Attack Jailor when jailed even if they try to execute you (the execution will fail).|
|Plaguebearer||Will become Pestilence when all other players are infected.|
|Juggernaut||Gains up to 3 new abilities after each kill for 3 kills.|
|All members of the Coven||Can read Coven chat at Night.
Can inherit the Necronomicon.
|Coven Leader||Receives the Necronomicon before every other Coven member.|