No one should have to manipulate people on the whim of a higher power, but then again, no one would want to, either. A beautiful and unfortunate young woman had lost everything. She had nothing - no job, no home, no family or friends to turn to, not even hope - but eventually found salvation in the world of organized crime. Though reluctant, the Consort felt she was a respected member of the Mafia. Unknown to her, she was just being used as the Mafia's residential Femme Fatale. Much to the Consort's chagrin, her role in the Mafia stuck with her, and she was too far into the whole ordeal to back out. As the sands of time flew forth, the Consort began to embrace her position, and, over time, executed her missions with confidence, tact, and prestige. In the end, she had it all: respect, power, and most importantly, the love and trust of the Godfather. All she had left to fear in the world was the pedestal upon which her own execution could commence, and the cold blade of a Serial Killer. (credit)
- If you role block a Serial Killer or Werewolf (during a Full Moon), they will stay at home and attack you instead.
- If said roles are jailed, they will not attack you and your visit will fail, however, they will be notified.
- You will only see your target was a Serial Killer if you roleblock them. Roleblocking a Werewolf will not show that you died from roleblocking them. The Werewolf themselves, however, will know.
- You can be protected by a Doctor or Bodyguard from this attack.
- There are multiple roles that are immune to your role block, such as the Transporter, Veteran, Escort and Witch.
- You will always be the first to become a Mafioso if there are no kill capable Mafia role left.
- Your role as a Consort is to cause as much trouble as possible to the Town, Coven and Neutrals without getting caught. You are also the Mafia's last line of defense if there is an Investigator or Sheriff roaming around. While Doctors and Bodyguards protect an Investigator from harm, they do not protect the Investigator from being role blocked, making you a key role to the Mafia.
- As you are a member of the Mafia, you should avoid an Escort-style list of everyone you've role blocked in your Last Will, as it reveals who the non-Mafia are. However, since you die if you role block a Serial Killer or a Werewolf, you may want to write down just the last person you role blocked; that way, if you die to a Serial Killer or Werewolf, you will likely get them lynched. As an added bonus, even if the Serial Killer or Werewolf is not your target and happens to target you at random, you may get an innocent Townie lynched anyway! But if you want to hide who is the Serial Killer, when you role block someone, don't write the last person you role blocked in your Last Will. This strategy will make the Town Killing roles unaware of who is the Serial Killer, and the members of the Mafia will know who you had visited last night. You can do this to the Veteran or the Werewolf as well.
- It is one of your highest priorities to find and role block Town Investigative roles, as doing this makes their job completely useless. Another high priority is to role block the Town Protective roles so that the members of the Mafia may kill without interruption. The next priority is other killing roles (but avoid the Veteran on alert, the Werewolf on a Full Moon night and Serial Killers, as you'll die upon visiting them) so that the members of the Mafia may not die at night (ie. if a member of the Mafia is jailed, you can role block the Jailor so they can't execute said member of the Mafia. Be careful if there is a Spy ingame as they can easily call you out if you do roleblock the Jailor). Also, role blocking a Spy prevents them from seeing who the Mafia had visited that night which may sometimes be important. Finding the Arsonist and stopping them from possibly dousing members of the Mafia can lead you to an easy victory (however, it's usually in the Mafia's interest to let him douse other players thus reducing Mafia's opposition. This is especially true early game).
- As a Consort, always try to work with a possible Consigliere in the game. The Consigliere may find an important role in the game for you to role block, such a Town Investigative role, or another possible danger such as a Vigilante, Bodyguard, or even a Retributionist that is about to revive someone important.
- Being a Consort is the easiest role to cover up since you can claim Escort, although sometimes this is tricky, since Town Support roles can all be claimed and taken. Since the effects of your actions are noticeable to the rest of the Town without killing them, it may be possible to claim that you are an Escort if someone asks your role, and list the people you've blocked the past few nights (players can say, "Yes, I was role blocked.") Doing so may help you win over the Town's favor and secure your position, especially near the end of the game. You may even prove your role by publicly promising to role block a particular person the next night. But if you are role blocking the confirmed Vigilante, don't claim to be an Escort, because then questions will arise when the Vigilante says he's been continuously being role blocked when he wants to shoot somebody else.
- You can also claim Escort and pretend roleblock one of your Mafia members (especially one accused on be a Mafia Killing) to ‘confirm’ both (more info listed below).
- If you are claiming Escort, you should not role block any confirmed Town unless you absolutely need to. Since an Escort would be role blocking suspicious people, doing so could make people believe you are the Consort instead.
- If you want to claim Escort, see if there is a Spy, Spy is your worst enemy because they can know your action and report them to the Town.
- While being a Consort may be easy to fake as an Escort, remember the fact that you still retain the attributes of a normal Escort as well. This means that you will still die if you role block a Serial Killer or a Werewolf on a Full Moon. However, this may be useful to the Mafia, as they now are aware of said person being evil.
- If you find out who the Retributionist is, it is highly recommended to continuously role block them, as they can be a bit of an annoyance if they were to bring back someone devastating to the Mafia such as a Jailor or Mayor, or even a Sheriff or Investigator with a forged Last Will to get some information out of them.
- If you're facing Vampires, you want to identify and continuously role block the youngest Vampire. The easiest way to do this is to identify a likely Townie, someone who is definitely not a Vampire yet and then role block them repeatedly; ideally, the Vampires will eventually bite them, at which point you'll be able to keep them from biting again.
- A viable strategy is to claim to be an Escort, then write in your Last Will that you have role blocked members of the Mafia. Then, those members of the Mafia can "confirm" you to be a true Escort by saying that they were role blocked. Additionally, if you die and your Last Will is revealed, the Town might think the people you role blocked were also Town (since you can't role block members of the Mafia). Be wary of this as this strategy is commonly used and people may suspect you as a Consort
- If you are promoted to a Mafioso, you will lose your Roleblock Immunity.
- Unlike a Veteran, a Medusa is not immune to your roleblocks, and will be unable to kill you (or anyone else) if you visit them. Therefore, you can roleblock them to allow your Mafioso or Godfather to kill them safely. (The same applies for an Escort)
- If you want to claim Escort, it may be a good idea to not randomly roleblock early.
- Claiming Escort can be dangerous as if a confirmed townie asks you to roleblock a fellow Mafia member. You could be easily outed as evil as you cannot roleblock them. You could try having your Mafia member pretend to be roleblocked by you to “confirm” you, but it results in a loss of a Mafia member. Always consider if this is worth it or not.
- In games with 3 members of the Mafia and one Serial Killer, there is only a 5.6% chance that you have role blocked the Serial Killer when they kill you the first night.
- Consort is the only role to have a role that is exactly like itself, except in a different team.