- If you die, you will join the graveyard, where you are unable to talk to anyone alive. You may, however, continue to speak with anyone else sent to the graveyard during both day and night, and with any living Mediums, at night.
Death at Day Edit
Players that die during the day are lynched, or voted to be killed by the other members of the Town; once someone has been voted guilty, they die the moment their Last Words timer expires. Death by lynching cannot be prevented in any way if they have been voted guilty, your role defense does not matter.
Death at Night Edit
There are many causes of death at night. In most cases, the person died to some sort of nocturnal killing role like Godfather, Potion Master, Serial Killer, Werewolf, or Vigilante. Depending on who a player visits at night, they may also die to roles like Veteran, Crusader, Ambusher, or Medusa. Most causes of death at night can be prevented by a Doctor healing the player on the night they were attacked.
- When a player dies overnight, their screen flashes bright red quickly, and their role card vanishes permanently until they are revived. You are also unable to edit your Last Will to change the view that other players see it as. The method of killing you at night (such as from a member of the Mafia or a Serial Killer) is shown, along with the final message underneath all other messages: "You have died!"
- Currently, a number of roles have Basic Defense. Players that have Basic Defense cannot be killed by killing roles such as a Mafia Killing, Serial Killer, or Vigilante. This defense, however, is bypassed by a Powerful or Unstoppable attack, such as that of a Werewolf, Medusa, Pirate, and Jailor execution. These are not all of the possible attacks that bypass Basic Defense.
|List of Roles with or can get/grant Basic Defense|
- Currently, zero roles have Powerful Defense naturally. Only protective roles like Bodyguard, Crusader, and Jailor can grant powerful defense. Players that have Powerful Defense blocks Powerful attacks like that of a Werewolf, Juggernaut, Medusa, or Pirate. This defense however is bypassed by an Unstoppable attack, such as a Jailor execution, Arsonist ignition, or Hex Master grand attack. These are not all of the possible attacks that bypass Powerful Defense.
- While Doctors and Guardian Angels can prevent death in these special scenarios, most Town Protective roles will not save the player from Powerful Attacks that rely on the player to visit a specific person at night. Examples include visiting the Veteran, Medusa, Pestilence, or the person a role with a Rampaging attack visits.
|List of Roles with or can get/grant Powerful Defense|
Any role protected by any of the following roles:
Doctor (When self healing)
Invincible Defense Edit
- Currently, only Pestilence, Horseman of the Apocalypse, has Invincible Defense. Players that have Invincible Defense can survive all attacks at night. The only way they can be killed is by being hanged in the day or leaving the game.
- Players that have Basic Attack can kill roles with no Defense. Some roles with a Basic Attack include Serial Killer, all Mafia Killing roles, Potion Master, Crusader, and a bunch more. Roles that a Basic Attack can kill includes most Town, Mafia, and Coven roles, Jester, Pirate, Amnesiac, Survivor, Guardian Angel, and Vampire.
|List of Roles with or can get Basic Attack|
- Players that have Powerful Attack can kill roles with Basic Defense. Some roles with a Powerful Attack include Werewolf, Juggernaut, Pestilence, Pirate, Medusa, Bodyguard, and a couple more. Because zero roles have Powerful Defense naturally, the only way to survive a powerful attack (besides being Pestilence) is to get external protection. Anyone unprotected by a Town Protective role, Jailor, or Potion Master will die to a Powerful Attack.
|List of Roles with or can get Powerful Attack|
Unstoppable Attack Edit
- Roles with an Unstoppable Attack can kill roles with Powerful Defense. An Unstoppable Attack will bypass everything working to keep a player alive except Pestilence's Invincible defense.
|List of Roles with or can get Unstoppable Attack|
Suicide commonly means that the player left the game at some point. This is usually frowned upon, especially when players with roles deemed particularly useful (such as Mayor, Doctor, and especially Jailor) leave. If a Vigilante shoots a Townie and they die, the Vigilante will be forced to commit suicide (without quitting the game). Additionally, a Jester can choose to haunt a living person who voted guilty or abstained on them, (and they get lynched) which will be described as committing suicide from guilt, or haunted, rather than being killed.
- Leaving the game produces a message saying: "He/She apparently committed suicide."
- Dying from shooting a Townie produces the message: "He/She died from guilt."
- Dying from lynching the Jester produces the message: "He/She died from guilt over lynching the Jester.'
Notifications of Death EditDepending on the circumstances of death, several different messages will appear whilst the dead are announced to the Town. There are three different message categories which appear; who has died, the amount of ways they have died, and how many roles participated in their killing.
- Note that if a player is executed, only the Jailor and other Unstoppable-level attacks will appear (such as an Arsonist ignition). Any role with a Powerful attack or lower won't have their death notification appear.
List of all possible Death Notifications sorted by order of them:
- They apparently committed suicide.
- A player who left the game.
- They also died from guilt.
- They were also executed by the Jailor.
- They were also killed by a member of the Mafia.
- They were also killed by a Bodyguard.
- They were also stabbed by a Serial Killer.
- They were also shot by a Vigilante.
- They were also incinerated by an Arsonist.
- They also died guarding someone.
- A Bodyguard who targeted the same person as a killing role.
- They were also mauled by a Werewolf.
- They were also staked by a Vampire Hunter.
- They also died from guilt over lynching the Jester.
- They were also killed by a Veteran.
- They were also bitten by a Vampire.
Possible Notifications in the Town of Salem - The Coven (DLC)Edit
List of all possible death notifications sorted in order of them:
- They were also hexed by a Hex Master.
- They were also poisoned by a Poisoner.
- They were also killed by the Potion Master.
- They were also turned to stone by Medusa.
- They were also killed by the Necromancer's Ghoul.
- They were also drained by a Coven Leader.
- They were also killed by a Crusader.
- They were also killed by a Trapper.
- They were also killed by an Ambusher.
- They were also plundered by a Pirate.
- They were also obliterated by Pestilence, Horseman of the Apocalypse.
- They were also assaulted by a Juggernaut.
- They also died of a broken heart. (Lovers Mode)