The Public Test Realm is an area that players use to test out any new mechanics before they are added to the actual game by BlankMediaGames. It uses may either use an old version of your account updated to whatever is included in the PTR, or, a system that uses a completely different account entirely. The realm functions exactly like the regular game, however, the player count is low and finding games is harder. However, you are able to test out any new mechanic that may be added to the game by BMG without restriction. When the Public Test Realm is closed off from the public, creating a failed connection or other message, it means that BlankMediaGames is currently working on changes that don't need to be interfered with.
Is it currently possible to access the PTR, and where can I find it?
Currently, the PTR is closed. The link to the PTR can be found here if you wish to check it out anyway:
Do items and Points collected from the PTR transfer over to the regular game?
- No. Nothing bought or spent, collected, or used will not transfer over to the original game. This includes any scrolls purchased, achievements earned, or leaderboard statistics.
Where will I be able to find players to test out any new roles or strategies at?
- The main area would be Custom Mode, as in that area the roles subject to change can be accessed and tested. In other areas, players are scarce, so filling up a lobby might take a considerable amount of time.
Why can't I enter the PTR?
- This is because it is currently closed off from the public for BlankMediaGames to work on fixing bugs or adding new additions privately.
- Your connection may be offline or taking a while to load.
- If your account is new, the PTR might not recognize the account. The staff will sync the live version to the PTR version, but this takes a fair amount of time to do and as a result is not done often.
- If you used the same account as you did before, you can no longer use it because it has been flushed out of the PTR Database. More information on how to login here: https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=108300
- The PTR was opened to the public in 2015 to test out the new-at-the-time roles Vampire Hunter and Vampire.
- The PTR was opened to the public in June of 2017 for players to test out the new-at-the-time Coven expansion. After it's release, players were prompted to buy the DLC expansion on the regular site.