Testing Grounds SummaryEdit
The Testing Grounds is a community run area where roles and other game changes are tested. It is different from the PTR in that it is run by the community and roles are tested more frequently for this reason. Much communication regarding the Testing Grounds is done on its respective section of the Town of Salem Forums or on its Discord server. Tests are usually a few days a week and are done on this site.
Testing Grounds Rules Edit
1. Leaving your computer, or going AFK during a game, is not permitted.
Please refrain from taking a leave from your computer during a test. The only time it is appropriate to leave from the simulation, for whatever the case may be, unless absolutely urgent, is before, and after tests. Please announce your departure before hand.
2. Do not chat about the game outside of the game. Communicating with 3rd party apps, or chatting methods other than the Testing Grounds game engine is prohibited.
We are trying to get the most accurate results possible, therefore, we cannot allow any forms of outside communication or discussion negligence during tests. This can lead to bad results, or poor tests, making the Testing Grounds look bad, while undermining our efforts of looking professional and contributing to the actual game. Punishment will be at the host's discretion.
3. Once a role/concept has been properly nominated it will officially be tested by the Testing Grounds a month following its nomination.
Quite obviously getting a role/concept into the Testing Grounds is not for the faint of heart. This is because we only accept the most balanced and prominent roles. We do it a month following its nomination, because we have other roles or ideas we'd like to simulate before hand, thus insuring those variables have an opportunity.
4. Avoid positing role ideas, game changes, or otherwise mechanic altering posts within the Testing Grounds subforum.
You have an entire forum dedicated to this in Role Ideas and Suggestions/Feedback. Please follow the proper procedures to get your role noticed by us. Failure to do so will merely have your post deleted, and ignored.
5. Any rule that Town of Salem has so does the Testing Grounds.
Really self-explanatory, but play by the rules, no one likes a cheater or toxic troll.
6. Testing Grounds' staff/moderator's word is law.
Barring, someone has committed an offense in the TG subforum, or game engine, that isn't covered by the rule book, it will be handled by a Testing Grounds moderator, much like the other forum moderators, they have a moderator control panel, and will use it to its full extent, so OBEY.
Testing Grounds Discord Rules And Regulations Edit
1. Moderators have the final say in arguments and discussions.
The Role Ideas Moderators have authority to assign punishments to those who violate the rulings. Warnings are most common, those warned will be given the Watched role with their actions monitored and scrutinised. However, if warnings progress or the situation is critical, violators will be restricted from all chats to discuss then with Moderators, who will discern which punishment(s) is/are necessary. Punishments include mutes, kicks, blacklists and bans.
2. Refrain from spam in any shape or form.
Limit messages akin to spam in Main Channels and keep pure spam content in #spam-and-eggs. Spam may include sending messages repeatedly, constantly using an absurd number of line breaks, abusing emojis (15 maximum), zalgo or related text and unnecessary tag spam. Accidental violations may lead to soft warnings, however repeated offenses may lead to more serious warnings or a server mute.
3.Self-advertising or links to other servers are prohibited.
Before posting any self advertisement that is not related to the Testing Grounds or the forums, please ask Moderators for permission. Posting an advertisement or link to another server without permission will result in the message being deleted immediately.
4. Graphic content such as gore, porn etcetera is prohibited from being posted or referenced.
Posting graphic images may cause for a severe measure of punishment to be taken, amounting to a possible blacklist or ban. Referencement may be more lax in #sin-bin, however posting definitively graphic subjects or repetitively borderline subjects will have the same punishments given as other channels. Profile pictures that seem to include nudity or taken from a porn or hentai production will be dealt the same as if it was sent in the server.(edited)
5. Outright flaming or insulting people with no friendly intention is prohibited.
Instead of responding to insults directed towards you or others, please contact the Moderators if someone is flaming as handling the situation yourself will result in you being just as guilty. Violators will be warned, and after sufficient warnings they will be punished depending on how severe the situation is. Harassment between users in the TG Client, direct messages, other servers or the forums may lead to consequences in this server.
6. Talks on or using words related to sensitive topics however is acceptable in #sin-bin, as long as it is not portrayed in a disrespectful manner.
Sensitive topics include - but are not limited to - those surrounding sexual assault and those that are racially dependent; please use your common sense to discern which topics are sensitive and which aren’t. Failure to abide by this rule will result in the deletion of the relevant message/s upon utterance, and a likely punishment at the discretion of the Moderators.
7. Limit the use of foreign languages in Main Channels.
This server’s main language is English, therefore communicating through foreign languages won’t be understood. This does not come with a warning, however for courtesy reasons we advise to send an English translation or talk in other languages in the Fun Channels.
8. Disturbing Moderators or other Staff positions with pings for non-problems is prohibited.
Only ever ping the Staff positions if it is essential. Repeated instances when unnecessary may result in a warning and many pings in a short amount of time will coincide with the spam rule, leading to a larger punishment.
9. Promoting server raids or an attack on a person elsewhere is prohibited.
Disrespecting other servers is not our forte and any plots about a server raid discussed in this channel will cause you to be warned or muted.
10. Evading a punishment with an alt account will lead to a stricter punishment.
Evading a punishment will most likely cause the main account and alt account to be banned either temporarily or permanently depending on the severity of the previous punishment.
If you would like to be a part of our Discord here is a link: https://discord.io/testinggrounds
The Testing Grounds has responsible leaders that help keep the trolls and quitters at bay. These moderators are:
- Jerme - Overseer
- BS4125 - Active
- Oliy - Active
- GoogleFeud - Active
- Flake - Active
- KittenLicks - Retired
- Bloodringe - Retired
- isrlygood - Retired
- Kiyosen - Retired
- Lexiam - Retired
- Parallax7 - Retired
- Ralozey - Retired
- Kirize12 - Removed
- orangeandblack5 - Inactive
- VoidRuler - Inactive
- BPsycho2 - Inactive
- Gooose26 - Removed
- Roz1Roz - Removed
- Tracker was added.
- Drug Dealer (Renamed as Hypnotist) was added.
- Arsonist's douses are now silent.
- Witch now has an auto-vest.
- New investigation results (Inspired by orangeandblack5's investigation result suggestions).
- The results that a Sheriff receives upon finding a member of the Mafia (except Godfather), the Serial Killer or Werewolf on a full moon now shows up as "Your target is suspicious." for balancing.
- Psychic (Town Power)
- Coroner (Town Investigative)
- Incarcerator (Town Investigative)
- Interviewer (Town Investigative)
- Scientist (Town Investigative)
- Tracker (Town Investigative)
- Fisherman (Town Killing)
- Firebrand (Town Killing)
- Milkman (Town Support)
- Rain Dancer (Town Support)
- Miller(Town Support)
- Oracle(Town Scout)
- Ghost (Town Protective)
- Priest (Town Protective) 3
- Caporegime (Mafia Head)
- Sniper (Mafia Killing) 7
- Drug Dealer known in game as Hypnotist (Mafia Deception)
- Clerk (Mafia Support)
- Musician (Mafia Support)
- Nightmarer (Mafia Support)
- Watcher (Mafia Support)
- Malpractioner (Mafia Tactical)
- Hustler(Mafia Tatical)
- Butcher (Neutral Killing)
- Electrician (Neutral Killing)
- Electro (Neutral Killing) 5
- Shadowwalker (Neutral Killing)
- Slaughterer (Neutral Killing)
- Auditor (unofficial) (Neutral Evil)
- Burglar (Neutral Evil) 8
- Gossiper (Neutral Evil)
- Mortician (unofficial) (Neutral Evil)
- Necromancer (Neutral Evil)
- Necromorph (Neutral Evil)
- Politician (Neutral Evil)
- Stalker (Neutral Evil)
- Warlock (Neutral Evil)
- Avenger (Neutral Benign)
- Banker (Neutral Benign) 4
- House Guest (Neutral Benign) 6
- Lost Spirit (Neutral Benign)
- Mystic (Neutral Benign) 8
- Orphan (Neutral Benign)
- Surgeon (unofficial) (Neutral Benign)
- Tax Collector (Neutral Benign) 8
- Undertaker (Neutral Benign)
- Paradoxist (Neutral Chaos)
How to participate in TG Tests Edit
The Testing Grounds client: https://tostg.herokuapp.com/
Tests will be announced in our Discord Server where you will be notified when there is one occurring. Before you gain access to all the channels, you must verify your account and link your Discord profile to your ToS profile by sending !ign <YourToSUsername>. If you have already done this, confirm your accounts are linked by sending !getign <@YourDiscordTag>. This may take some time because our Council members give out the roles themselves.
The TG tests are announced in the channel called #game-announcements. To join a test, visit the TG Client when an announcement has been sent - the link to the Client will also be sent in the announcement - and enter a username of your pleasing. Afterwards, you’ll enter the main lobby.
Each test will last the same amount of time as a normal Town of Salem game. Please pretend as if you are playing a real Town of Salem game so these roles are tested accurately; most ToS mechanics will be treated as if you were playing real ToS! The host of the test decides the role or mechanic that will be tested, which will be anonymous to the players therefore all the roles in play are unknown.
- Every TG role will be in the test! (depending on rolelist)
- Here you can find all TG rolelists (WIP). If the tested role is a Town role, the tested role will replace a Random Town slot. If the tested role is Mafia, a Random Mafia slot, if the role is Neutral - it will replace a Neutral slot, depending on the sub-alignment.
Some other mechanics in use:
- Tactical Mafia - There is no GF / Mafioso confirmed in the rolelist (In fact, the GF and mafioso have been reworked in TG), instead any mafia member can perform the mafia kill, but they’ll lose their abilities for the night. Note, there’s still 1 mafia kill per night.