FANDOM


  • Role: Soul Binder

    Alignment: Town (Support)

    Attack: None

    Defense: None

    Goal: Lynch all evildoers



    Ability: At night, you can choose 2 targets to bind their souls together.

    Attributes:

    - When you soul bind the two targets, anything that happens to one target will happen to another. 

    - Investigators, sheriffs, LOs, spies will not get two results. This mechanic only works for visits that would cause the target to receive a message (for example, vig, bmer, mafia attack)

    - You can choose to bind yourself with another target.

    - If a vig shoots a townie and a mafia (because you soul binded them), they will commit suicide even if their original target was mafia.

    - You cannot soul bind a confirmed mayor

    - Question for the reviewers: (Should both Targets die to vet if one visits?)




    Strategies:

    - Like a transporter, avoid using binding on tp lo claims as if anything happens to the other target it will happen to this target as well

    - If you know someone is a mafia, you can soul bind them with a townie that might be a target

    - Vig could get two mafia kills if you soul bind them (this might be too op and needs a nerf)

      Loading editor
    • problems with this role: 

      1) It's a town. there are 0 conscieveable times where this would be useful exept to extend a protection to someone else(unless it also means lo can watch 2 people, inve can inve 2 people or such)

      2) it's a tad bit used a bunch.

        Loading editor
    • I disagree that this role is useless. I was expecting most reviews to talk about how overpowered this role is. And did u read my attributes? It says it won’t work for invest, LO (it watches both anyways), bg, or any visiting role that doesn’t send the target a message.

      But to explain the usefulness of this role, a soul binder can bind a town with a mafia, so that when the mafia kills the town the mafia that was binded also dies. Vigi can also get two shots if you bind two mafias together. You can also get some other killing roles to help you by binding the victim, with whoever u want them to target. I see this as more on the overpowered side of the spectrum, rather than underpowered.

        Loading editor
    • This could work for A neutral choas too

        Loading editor
    • This is quite intresting 

        Loading editor
    • So it is just a straight up worse transporter? i mean transporter at least saves them.

        Loading editor
    • heres an example:

      Transporter:

      you notice that town seems to be quite low on people and decide that people will try to go after you so you transport yourself and someone heres SOME of what could happen:

      you save yourself but killl another town; you accidentally kill yourself but save someone else(who could be mafia or somethin but not likely); nothing; it was a vet/medusa and you killed yourself and anyone who visits you(and potentially the medusa too) but you save everyone who visited medusa and a protective could have also been on medusa saving you; or both people were attacked so little changes (depending on what roles were involved a lot could change).

      soul binder:

      you see that town is small and think you're the next target of someone so you bind yourself and someone, heres SOME of what could happen:

      X2 you kill both yourself and another townie, why X2? because it's twice as likely; the other guy was immune but attacked or you were attacked so you die but he doesn't; he was an evil that died so yaaaaay you are still both dead; nothing; you soul bind yourself to medusa/vet and potentially let the medusa survive the sk while killing everyone besides potentially yourself and medusa; werewolf rampages 2 houses; hex master hexes 2 people; maf get 2 kpn; arso douses 2 people or vamps convert 2 people.

      in almost all situations it's better to have a transporter rather than a soul binder. my result?

      make it so it also aply Towns abilities (besides one killer, and protectives)to balance it.

        Loading editor
    • Make it Neutral Chaos

        Loading editor
    • 205.237.153.138 wrote:
      heres an example:

      Transporter:

      you notice that town seems to be quite low on people and decide that people will try to go after you so you transport yourself and someone heres SOME of what could happen:

      you save yourself but killl another town; you accidentally kill yourself but save someone else(who could be mafia or somethin but not likely); nothing; it was a vet/medusa and you killed yourself and anyone who visits you(and potentially the medusa too) but you save everyone who visited medusa and a protective could have also been on medusa saving you; or both people were attacked so little changes (depending on what roles were involved a lot could change).

      soul binder:

      you see that town is small and think you're the next target of someone so you bind yourself and someone, heres SOME of what could happen: 

      X2 you kill both yourself and another townie, why X2? You don't just randomly bind yourself with someone, this is just like escort or transporting random selecting and potentially harming town because transporter might accidentally transport someone out of protection, and escort can accidentally rb a TP that could've saved someone.  because it's twice as likely; the other guy was immune but attacked or you were attacked so you die but he doesn't; he was an evil that died so yaaaaay you are still both dead; nothing; you soul bind yourself to medusa/vet and potentially let the medusa survive the sk wut does sk have to do with this? while killing everyone besides potentially yourself and medusa; werewolf rampages 2 houses; hex master hexes 2 people you didn't read attributes, hex master only hexed one target because the targets do not receive a message upon the hex master hexing them. And the kill message only happens after they hex everyone so that doesn't count.; maf get 2 kpn no random soul bind. arso douses 2 people arso doesn't douse 2 people, read attributes or vamps convert 2 people they will likely already have 3-4 ppl and might end off killing the other one. But also, you might soul bind a evil and they will kil the evil then.

      in almost all situations it's better to have a transporter rather than a soul binder. my result?

      make it so it also aply Towns abilities (besides one killer, and protectives)to balance it.

      You are just looking at the role from a protection perspective. You have neglected everything about attacks, and how vig can get two kills in one night which may be overpowered, but I guess balances out the fact that soul binder doesn't help with protection.


      But Soul Binder shouldnt definitely not be able to extend protection. You could just bind yourself with the tp while that tp stays on you, then you two are impossible to kill. Also, the fact that townies can protect 2 people is broken and the role lists guide suggests that roles shouldn't be this powerful. You literally double the chance that you can save someone from an attack. 

        Loading editor
    • now what if the goals also change, so that the 2 soulbound people can win with eachother? (Like mafioso and medium can win with both town and mafia)

        Loading editor
    • seems like coven role more appropriately to me

        Loading editor
    • Gob47 wrote:
      seems like coven role more appropriately to me

      I guess. But maybe if I change the name and call it something different than "soul bind", it may be more town-like.

        Loading editor
    • ah yes vig can kill 2 people in one night, twice as likely to kill a town member, and that's the only one., also because hex master with necro does give notifications it does technically hex 2 people, 

      my point still stands: anything this role can do, the transporter does it better.

      there are only a few situations where soul binder is more useful than transporter: soul binding 2 evils and having someone kill them, and to extend a vigs kill of a town to some evil too. all other situations it is either the same or inferier. it doesn't save townies it only murders them. and you know what the worst thing is. because tp things don't give messages unless who they were protecting was attacked that means the only situation where you protect the second person was if the first one was attacked, but whoops! all tp besides doc can only save you from one source of attack!(i don't know if they have changed this) so that's great. Perhaps extending a roleblock might be nice or a witchs/cls control potentially, but these are unlikely and are jsut as likely to screw you over.

      This role only helps 2 town roles. and potentially maybe sometimes kills an extra evil. 



      heres the main problem with this role:

      evils that give notifications when they visit: all of them besides mafia deception.(yes arso does, because of when it ignites), besides md the only ones who don't give notifications ARE ONES WHO DON'T VISIT

      town that does that: All tp, but only one of them actually can protect more than one person, and this requires the person they were protecting to be attacked. jailor, who you can't target his targets because they're in jail. vigilante: doubleing the chances to kill himself but he might kill an evil or 2. transporter wich would be SUPER confusing and escort who roleblocks another person

        Loading editor
    • 73.168.252.154 wrote:
      Role: Soul Binder

      Alignment: Town (Support)

      Attack: None

      Defense: None

      Goal: Lynch all evildoers



      Ability: At night, you can choose 2 targets to bind their souls together.

      Attributes:

      - When you soul bind the two targets, anything that happens to one target will happen to another. So Transporter but diffferent,

      - Investigators, sheriffs, LOs, spies will not get two results. This mechanic only works for visits that would cause the target to receive a message (for example, vig, bmer, mafia attack)

      - You can choose to bind yourself with another target.

      - If a vig shoots a townie and a mafia (because you soul binded them), they will commit suicide even if their original target was mafia. 

      - You cannot soul bind a confirmed mayor 

      - Question for the reviewers: (Should both Targets die to vet if one visits?)

      Not really, that would be potentially OP.

      EX:

      Mafioso visits vet

      You bind mafioso with gf

      Vet alerts

      Bada bing, 2 mafia roles are dead in one night.




      Strategies:

      - Like a transporter, avoid using binding on tp lo claims as if anything happens to the other target it will happen to this target as well ​​​​​​​

      - If you know someone is a mafia, you can soul bind them with a townie that might be a target

      - Vig could get two mafia kills if you soul bind them (this might be too op and needs a nerf)

      I think this is a mixture of transporter, works better as a NE, NC, or CN

        Loading editor
    • 205.237.153.138 wrote:
      ah yes vig can kill 2 people in one night, twice as likely to kill a town member, (you have to be sure that both target are evil or why would you just random bind) and that's the only one., also because hex master with necro does give notifications it does technically hex 2 people, (not before it has necro, and low chance since necro goes to coven leader first)

      my point still stands: anything this role can do, the transporter does it better.

      there are only a few situations where soul binder is more useful than transporter: soul binding 2 evils and having someone kill them, and to extend a vigs kill of a town to some evil too. all other situations it is either the same or inferier. it doesn't save townies it only murders them. (If you don't know how to play this role, of course you'll throw the match) and you know what the worst thing is. because tp things don't give messages unless who they were protecting (messages not of protection but of visit, so you won't get a message saying a bodyguard visited you until attacked, so even if the target got attacked the protection isn't extended) was attacked that means the only situation where you protect the second person was if the first one was attacked, but whoops! all tp besides doc can only save you from one source of attack!(i don't know if they have changed this) so that's great. Perhaps extending a roleblock might be nice or a witchs/cls control potentially, but these are unlikely (u can easily ask an escort to roleblock someone, and plus if you know they are gonna rb someone you choose them as the target. How is this unlikely?) and are jsut as likely to screw you over (ur basing that off someone who doesn't know how to play the game)

      This role only helps 2 town roles. and potentially maybe sometimes kills an extra evil. 



      heres the main problem with this role:

      evils that give notifications when they visit: all of them besides mafia deception.(yes arso does, because of when it ignites), (notifications of visit, arsonist igniting isn't a notification of visit, it's just telling u that you were incinerated, that doesn't count) besides md the only ones who don't give notifications ARE ONES WHO DON'T VISIT

      town that does that: All tp, but only one of them actually can protect more than one person, and this requires the person they were protecting to be attacked. jailor, who you can't target his targets because they're in jail. vigilante: doubleing the chances to kill himself but he might kill an evil or 2. transporter wich would be SUPER confusing and escort who roleblocks another person



      transporter has its downsides as well:

      - transporting a TP away from a target, (yes I'm also gonna start basing it off a beginner who can't play this role)​​​​. Especially when they transport someone who asks for TP/LO and makes them vulnerable. Or in general they transport a protected target and mafia kills them (which is likely)

      - transporting escorts away, or invests. This is gonna screw the TI and Escort if the transporter doesn't come out and claim that he transported the targets, but then this makes the transporter vulenrable and he has to waste a transport on himself or waste TP on him, then this takes it away from Jailor. And if he dies we'll RIP he wasn't of much use.

      - And if you're saying soul binder doesn't do much since it heavily relies on visitors, then what about transporter?



      Soul binder doesn't mess with TI's results and TP's protection, and is more easily able to stay hidden without coming out. It doesn't screw up an escort's rb, but instead extends it to rb evils.  Let's say you have two medium claims and you know one is fake, but you cannot confirm either one. You can get escort to rb both, instead of risk lynching, transporter wouldn't do much considering that's just wishful thinking that you rbed the fake med claim. A TI's results won't get messed up cuz you invested the wrong target. 


      ​​​​​​​Not hating on the Transporter role itself, but saying that these two roles seem to have both advantages and disadvantages at an equal level.

        Loading editor
    • Also plus I don't expect this role to get anywhere near testing, but I just want to capture the creativity that the role shows

        Loading editor
    • 73.168.252.154 wrote:
      205.237.153.138 wrote:
      ah yes vig can kill 2 people in one night, twice as likely to kill a town member, (you have to be sure that both target are evil or why would you just random bind) and that's the only one., also because hex master with necro does give notifications it does technically hex 2 people, (not before it has necro, and low chance since necro goes to coven leader first)my point still stands: anything this role can do, the transporter does it better.

      there are only a few situations where soul binder is more useful than transporter: soul binding 2 evils and having someone kill them, and to extend a vigs kill of a town to some evil too. all other situations it is either the same or inferier. it doesn't save townies it only murders them. (If you don't know how to play this role, of course you'll throw the match)and if you do you do next to nothing and you know what the worst thing is. because tp things don't give messages unless who they were protecting (messages not of protection but of visit, so you won't get a message saying a bodyguard visited you until attacked, so even if the target got attacked the protection isn't extended)So it sucks even more than i thought! wow! was attacked that means the only situation where you protect the second person was if the first one was attacked, but whoops! all tp besides doc can only save you from one source of attack!(i don't know if they have changed this) so that's great. Perhaps extending a roleblock might be nice or a witchs/cls control potentially, but these are unlikely (u can easily ask an escort to roleblock someone, and plus if you know they are gonna rb someone you choose them as the target. How is this unlikely?)To get use out of that you would need 2 people who you KNOW need to be rbed and are just as likely to screw you over (ur basing that off someone who doesn't know how to play the game) or in general because this is still just a worse trans for town

      This role only helps 2 town roles. and potentially maybe sometimes kills an extra evil. 



      heres the main problem with this role:

      evils that give notifications when they visit: all of them besides mafia deception.(yes arso does, because of when it ignites), (notifications of visit, arsonist igniting isn't a notification of visit, it's just telling u that you were incinerated, that doesn't count)arsonist's still get the message don't they? besides md the only ones who don't give notifications ARE ONES WHO DON'T VISIT

      town that does that: All tp, but only one of them actually can protect more than one person, and this requires the person they were protecting to be attacked. jailor, who you can't target his targets because they're in jail. vigilante: doubleing the chances to kill himself but he might kill an evil or 2. transporter wich would be SUPER confusing and escort who roleblocks another person



      transporter has its downsides as well:

      - transporting a TP away from a target, (yes I'm also gonna start basing it off a beginner who can't play this role)​​​​. Especially when they transport someone who asks for TP/LO and makes them vulnerable. Or in general they transport a protected target and mafia kills them (which is likely) nope because the tp comes with, so unless it is pirate then that doesn't work

      - transporting escorts away, or invests. This is gonna screw the TI and Escort if the transporter doesn't come out and claim that he transported the targets, but then this makes the transporter vulenrable and he has to waste a transport on himself or waste TP on him, then this takes it away from Jailor. And if he dies we'll RIP he wasn't of much use. Trans doesn't just transport one person visiting them it transports everyone!

      - And if you're saying soul binder doesn't do much since it heavily relies on visitors, then what about transporter?it relies on 1 count em 1 town role who gives a message. and by your own rules you laid out it is the only one, you can only inhance 1 town roles action, and it is just as likely to screw it over, heres how transporter is better you and one other person is left with both roles who wins?: Trans v mafioso: trans wins or draw trans v potion master: trans wins or draw trans v pretty much every role wins or draws, unless it is someone with basic defense because then they win do to draw conditions(like if sk and gf are left sk auto wins) now with soul binder: he always loses or draws, he can never win. as easy as it is for this role to screw something up it is double as easy for soul binder to do it, trans can protect itself whereas if you claim soulbinder you are basically inviting someone to score a double kill, with a sk this role becomes the best helper as it can DOUBLE it's attack for the low low cost of FREE! heres my problem with this role: it's better at helping evils than towns. yes vig can also hurt towns but they can also just as easilly help a lot more so. this... can't. ah yes if you are smart you could extend the attack to an evil who was confirmed in the day... and not lynched? how often does that happen. also the "confirmed evil" could just be a town. this role does next to nothing to help town and does wayyyyyy to much to hurt it. as bad as vig can be it can only kill one townie plus itself, this can kill 7. can it kill an evil, sure as long they aren't immune to the attack or if the other person you targeted didn't get attacked, or the person who you wanted to extend the attack to get's attacked or a few other thousand things that could go wrong, this role should be reworked slightly and changed to neutral chaos or evil, because otherwise it would feel too similair to transporter.

      ​​​​​​​tl;dr: is similair to transporter but hardly does anything to help town and has a high chance to ruin it.



      Soul binder doesn't mess with TI's results and TP's protection, and is more easily able to stay hidden without coming out. It doesn't screw up an escort's rb, but instead extends it to rb evils.  Let's say you have two medium claims and you know one is fake, but you cannot confirm either one. You can get escort to rb both, instead of risk lynching, transporter wouldn't do much considering that's just wishful thinking that you rbed the fake med claim. A TI's results won't get messed up cuz you invested the wrong target. 


      ​​​​​​​Not hating on the Transporter role itself, but saying that these two roles seem to have both advantages and disadvantages at an equal level.

        Loading editor
    • If a Jailor jails a person you soul bind does the other person get jailed 

        Loading editor
    • No cause jailing is a Day Ability, while this is a night ability. 

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.