Town Support (TS) is the alignment of roles who are sided with the Townies that can contribute with different abilities that do not fit into the other alignments (Town Killing, Town Protective, and Town Investigative). It should be noted that some of these roles can cause or prevent death at Night, or gather non-circumstantial information, but never via themselves directly, nor with complete certainty.
Due to the peculiar nature of this alignment, Town Support roles can often prove themselves through the use of their telling abilities, which is useful information for the Town to use. It also makes it harder for evils to claim roles such as a Transporter or Mayor.
Town Support roles tend to have the most impact in the late-game as once they have the information they can devastate players using some of the most powerful abilities in the game (an Escort could prevent the Mafia from killing, or a Mayor could win with its severe voting power, whereas the Sheriff has little utility past Night 6).
- If you have an ability that has a noticeable effect (i.e. Transporter and Escort) in any game with a Town majority, it is a good idea to use your abilities so that Town knows your role exists.
- If you are a Transporter, always transport two other people that are not yourself at least once. You will probably be suspected as a Hypnotist if you keep transporting yourself with others.
- Even though you may feel your role is useless, keep an updated Last Will as you are never useless. Mayors should keep role claims, Escorts last visits for potential Werewolves, Mediums should keep dead Town Investigative results and anything else important said in chat, Retributionists should keep track of who they resurrect and results if any, and Transporters obviously need to keep track of who they transported.
- Town Supports tend to be very effective late game rather than the early game. Mediums and Retributionists spike in the middle, but all other roles are incredibly useful late game. Keep this in mind.
- Evils normally won't kill off Town Supports before any other Town alignments, with the exception of Mayor because a Town Support claim, especially Medium, is unlikely to result in your immediate death.
For specific strategies on each Town Support, visit the individual roles below.
|Role Name||Role Description|
|Escort||Distract someone each Night to block them from using their Night ability. If you role block a Serial Killer that isn't Cautious or a Werewolf on a Full Moon, you will be attacked by them. You cannot be roleblocked by Consorts, fellow Escorts, or a Pirate.|
|Mayor||You may choose to reveal yourself as the Mayor of the town, turning your vote into 3 votes. You may not be healed by a Doctor or send/receive whispers when you reveal.|
|Medium||Speak with the dead at Night to gather information. When you die, you may choose one living player to speak with during the Night.|
|Retributionist||You may resurrect a dead Town player a night and use their ability on another living player. Each dead player can only be resurrected once. You cannot be roleblocked or controlled.|
|Transporter||Choose two people to transport at Night, including yourself. You are not able to transport the same person twice in a Night. You can not transport anyone in jail, but you may transport yourself. You cannot be roleblocked or controlled.|