The Townie of the Month award, created by BobbytheBlobby, is an award given to a user each month chosen by the community. This is the title where the community can choose who they think deserves the award to be the honored user of this Wiki!For the whole month, you may nominate someone to be the Townie of the Month. The following questions will tell you how to operate and vote for your ToTM!
How do I nominate?
- Nominate in the Townie of the Month board.
- By nominating, you will start a new thread titled (Username)'s Nomination. For example, if you want to nominate HAWAIIANpikachu, you will start a thread titled "HAWAIIANpikachu's Nomination (month and year)". Be sure to type in the user's full username and the current month and year. You may nominate yourself. On top of that, you may also write a description why you think that person should be Townie of the Month.
- You must be AUTOCONFIRMED to nominate a person.
- You cannot remove your nomination for a person.
P.S. Before nominating someone else, make sure you have their permission!
Note: Nominations are final and cannot be removed, unless the person nominated wants to be removed from the race.
What requirements does a nominee require to be nominated?
- All Wiki Staff can not be nominated, but they are allowed to vote.
- The nominee cannot have won the award for the last 3 months.
- The nominee must be a registered, autoconfirmed user. (A registered and confirmed email)
- The nominee must not have a large history of blocks, bans (at least two-three depending on the length), vandalizing edits, or anything similar. Exceptions do include depending on the time of the ban or the severity of the vandalizing edit.
- The nominee must have at least 20 useful edits to the wiki (mainspace, decent role reviews, answering questions on the Ask Questions board).
How long does this process last?
Nominations begin at the start of a new month and end on the last day of the month. Staff will announce a winner starting the first day of the next month. The winner can talk to an Administrator who can change their flair to represent either a role in the game or anything they desire on that flair, along with their choice of an emoji next to it.
Previous Winners of the Award
|July 2016||360NOSCOPESWEG (Jim Holden)|
|November 2016||Playful Trickster 101|
|January 2018||No Winner Decided|